It is India's first Aerospace museum located at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited premises just 2.5kms from the Hotel. Established in 2001, the Museum is part of the HAL Heritage Centre and Aerospace Museum and showcases the growth of the Indian aviation industry and HAL for six decades.
This Church started as a small chapel in 1818. Rev LF Kleiner transformed the church in 1874 and retained till today. Boasts of stately arches vaulting towards the ceiling, rich Corinthian capitals of moulded bunches of grapes and artistic stained-glass windows from Paris. This is located 7kms from the Hotel.
Located 5kms from the Hotel, it is the similar 17th century churches in England. This was built for the British Army in 1901 and refurbished again in 1927 after a fire accident. Set amidst Rain trees, Gulmohar and Jacarandas, the church is best known for its majestic dome, porch columns, moulded cornices, large windows and stained-glass floral motifs.
This is located opposite to Vidhana Soudha. Formerly offices of the secretariat, the two-storey structure of stone and brick is now home to the Karnataka High Court. Built in Graeco-Roman Style, this bright-red building is spread over 1.95 lakh sq. ft of space.
The Gandhi Smarak Nidhi inside it seeks to propagate the life and teachings of Gandhiji. Photostat copies of letters written by him to various personalities of his days can be seen. Gandhi Bhavan is located 10kms from the Hotel.
A tiny Airstrip on the Bangalore-Hyderabad highway, it serves as an ideal place for Bangalore’s flying buffs to show off their aviation skills. The city’s private helicopter service operates from here. The Jakkur Airstrip also hosts various air shows, kite shows and exhibitions and is sometimes home to hang gliding and parasailing which is located 18.22kms from the Hotel.A tiny Airstrip on the Bangalore-Hyderabad highway, it serves as an ideal place for Bangalore’s flying buffs to show off their aviation skills.
Founded in 1989, the Sky theatre inside comprises a dome that is fifteen meters in diameter and has a seating capacity of 225. There are two shows held in everyday located 12 kms from the Hotel.
Located 27 kms from the Hotel. It is a Sanctuary for Wildlife like Bears, Reptiles, Elephants or Deer. Chief attractions include the Lion and Tiger Safari, Herbivore Safari and the Butterfly Park.
The International Society for Krishna Consciousness is one of the most sought after destinations in India. The white temple building has gorgeous deities of Lord Radha Krishna this is located 16 kms from the Hotel.
It was Established in 1866 and located on Kasturba Road just 9kms from the Hotel. This is one of the oldest museums in India. Housed in a red stucco Neo-Classical building with Corinthian columns, it has 18 sections with a fine collection of Jewellery, Miniature paintings, Sculpture, Artifacts from Mohenjodaro and 5,000-year-old Neolithic relics. It has water colours, paintings and leather puppets made of deer and fine sculptures.
Laid out by Mysore ruler Hyder Ali in 1740, it is spread over 240 acres which is located 11kms from the Hotel. Many of its tropical plants were imported by Haider and his son Tipu Sultan from countries as diverse as Afghanistan, Persia, Mauritius, Turkey, and Africa. Ogle at the Glass House modelled on London’s Crystal Palace. Lalbagh is also called as Botanical Garden meaning The Red Garden in English.
Built in 1880, the Bangalore Palace was modelled on Windsor Castle, complete with fortified towers and turreted parapets. It stands amid undulating lawns, partly converted into a formal garden with axial paths. Bangalore Palace is located 7kms from the Hotel.
This is the seat of the Secretariat and the State Legislature. Built in 1956, it has a 66-ft dome, Rajasthani Jharokhas and Indo-Saracenic pillars. It is located 9kms from the Sterlings Mac Hotel. Things to watch out for: the Sandalwood door to the Cabinet Room, and the Speaker’s Chair which is made of Mysore rosewood. Adjacent to it is the Vikasa Soudha, a replica of its original, built to house part of the legislature and bureaucracy.
Located 1 kms from the Hotel on Old Airport Road. This Statue is 65 feet tall, depicting Lord Shiva in the lotus position. It has the backdrop of Mount Kailash, Shiva’s heavenly abode and the river Ganga flowing from his matted locks.
Located Near the Vidhana Soudha just 9kms from the Hotel. Laid out by Richard Sankey in 1864, it is spread over 334 acres. It has a rich recorded history of abundant flora and fauna plantations coupled with numerous impressive and aesthetically located buildings and statues of famous personages, in its precincts.
Near City Market is this dilapidated palace built in 1790. Made largely out of wood with embellished balconies, pillars and arches, this two-storeyed structure is a replica of the Dariya Daulat Bagh in Sirangapatna. It is located 11kms from the Hotel.